Harm or abuse of children and adults at risk can happen anywhere - even in church communities. We have a duty to Ensure a Safe Church for All. This means protecting children and "adults at risk".
The Church aims to minimise the risk of harm occurring. If harm or abuse does occur, with appropriate support and training, it will be recognised and reported. If it occurs we will work with the Police and Social Work services if appropriate.
We provide a service for Church Councils, congregations, and over 70 CrossReach services.
If you require any further information please contact the Church Office, or email@example.com
We are back open, if you want to attend the Church you will have to follow the following rule
AYR AULD KIRK
Scottish Government Easing of Covid Restrictions 20th March 2021
Places of worship allowed to open to extended groups
subject to physical distancing and hygiene safeguards
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: DRY COUGH; FEVER; LOSS OF TASTE or SMELL.
Please also carefully consider the additional risk to your health and wellbeing if you are within the higher risk categories as defined by current government guidance.
1. The Church will open on Sundays from 10.30am with a short service at 11.00am. The Church will close at 11.30am.
2. Please follow government guidance on travel.
3. Only the Church building will be open. There will be no general access to toilets or the Church halls except in emergencies.
4. Entrance to the Church will be through the main door/vestibule only. A one-way system will operate within the Church. The lofts will be closed.
5. Exit after services will be one way only through main door or the car park door whilst maintaining 2m social distance.
6. Social distance floor markings have been installed in the Church - please stay 2m apart.
7. Green 'please sit here' signage has been placed in pews - showing limitations of seating in pews and maintenance of 2m social distancing. (Maximum capacity of Church will be 50 people). Duty Elders will monitor this.
PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THESE SIGNS OR TRY TO SIT IN CLOSED OFF PEWS.
8. Family groups from the same household are permitted to sit together, remembering to maintain 2m social distance from other users of the pew.
9. Elders will be positioned at main entrance doors. Only the Elders will open/close/touch doors. Elders will fully open both sets of main vestibule doors at the end of service.
10. Everyone is asked to maintain good hand hygiene practices - apply hand sanitiser provided in the main vestibule on entry to and exit from the Church.
12. It is recommended that face coverings be worn when inside the Church, but coverings will not be provided. If a face covering is not used for medical or other reasons, cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing.
13. Cleaning of the Church following each opening session will be undertaken after 72 hours has elapsed.
14. A collection plate will be available inside the main entrance vestibule for freewill offerings or cash donations - thank you.
15. To avoid cross-contamination, Bibles and hymn books have been removed from the pews. Please bring your own Bible if you wish.